Friday, June 3, 2011

Leaving the cocoon behind?

Calling all moms!  

No Mommy!  Don't take my swaddle.  See how nicely I'm sleeping!

Benjamin's pediatrician strongly suggested that I stop swaddling Benjamin during his naps even though he is not breaking out of the swaddle.  He is in a sleep sack at night and has been doing great with that.  I am a little sad about the swaddling during naps though, since we just got naptime to go more smoothly.

I tried going cold turkey yesterday and this morning and it did not go well.  He woke up every 30-45 minutes, fussed, cried, and sometimes went back to sleep. He mostly spent his time playing with the side of his crib while verbally telling me how unhappy he was not to be in his burrito.


So, for those of you who have/are swaddling for naps or night time:

How did you wean your baby from the swaddle and when?

1 comment:

  1. We weaned from the swaddle when he went to sleep on his own without it, or when he outgrew the swaddling blankets. However, we still haven't outgrown it and my graduating from kindergartner still loves his "baby" "burrito" swaddling after bathtime and at bedtime. He asks me to "make me a burrito momma!"

    ReplyDelete