Hi Family and Friends,
I want to
thank all of you for your fervent prayers for Aaron and our families.
Aaron was discharged on Tuesday (12/18) evening from the hospital with
his pain controlled and without any disorientation! It has taken me a
little while to get an e-mail out with everything going on so I
apologize for the delay in update.
He is grateful to be home and able to sit in his comfy
recliner. Aaron came home with a PCA pump. It administers pain
medication each time he pushes a button, giving his medication through a
PICC line (long IV) located in his upper left arm. He also receives IV
hydration through the same PICC line 3 times a week. Getting fluids has
proved to be a great benefit to Aaron throughout this process so I am
glad he will be receiving them often. I have begun my unofficial
training nurse training as I am in charge of changing IV tubing,
reloading medication, setting up his hydration, and doing problem
solving (has not been needed...yet)! This is all done under the teaching
and guidance of the real home nurses who come 3 times a week.
Unfortunately, Benjamin caught the stomach virus that has been
going around but Aaron was in the hospital while he was contagious and
Aaron has permanent pass on diaper duty. Interesting how that lined up
with Ben's little body ridding the virus out through his diaper...hmmm.
Aaron's parents and Jenny's mom and step-dad were able to
hurry out to Pittsburgh when Aaron was admitted to be with him in the
hospital and help with Ben so I could be there as well. After he was
discharged, we were able to celebrate Christmas with his parents,
Jenny's mom, step-dad, brother, sister-in-law, and sweet little niece
will be arriving this weekend and Jenny's dad, step-mom, sister, and
brother for New Year! We are so grateful to still be able to celebrate
the joy of the season, the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who has
conquered death and through faith in Him, grants eternal life.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment