![]() |
| Red Carpet Run |
11 down, 2 more runs and a walk to go until I'll have actually run 13 races in 2013 and raised way more money that I ever imagined for families battling cancer and organizations to help people in need! Doing all these races has kept timing clicking right on by and given me a productive way to heal and help. That being said, I am thankful for things to slow down this month.
The Red Carpet Run was such a blast! I will surely be doing this race again next year just for the glitz and glam of it!
![]() |
| Another race with "Mr. America"! |
![]() |
| I thought the small dog was a nice touch |
![]() |
| I have so much respect for this guy! He ran in a full tuxedo! |
I had the pleasure of being joined by two friends for this race! My sweet friend from high school, Carla, and new friend from church, Cindy, joined me for this fun run! I'm pretty sure it was the chance to run in a dress and on a red carpet that got them there.
Naturally, the president of my fan club and running coach attended the race:
He also got to run the red carpet. He's a natural!
We each rocked the race, especially since it was an evening race in the beginning of August and hot, hot, hot! I really felt for the women who were wearing floor-length dresses. I was sweating like crazy in my mini-skirt! I ran the 5K in 25:05 (8:03 min/mile) and placed 4th in my age group!
| In true red carpet fashion we got major bling for placing! |
![]() |
| Carla enjoying her well-deserved glass of champagne...and water! |
![]() |
| Cindy, mom of 7, in the fabulous multicolored dress beaming as she completes her first 5K race!!1 |
They had quite a spread for us! No bagels and bananas at this post-run feast! Fruit, cheeses (including brie), and fancy crackers awaited us. As we crossed the finish line we were handed a bottle of water and a glass of champagne!
More than rocking the race, we have been rocking the fundraising! The 13 in 2013 race series has raised $9,660!!!! Can you believe that!? Less than $400 away from hitting $10,000!!! That is just mind boggling! I never imagined seeing this type of pouring out on people in need. I thought that I would run to keep myself sane and have a healthy way to heal and maybe raise $20 for a couple to go on a date night while I was at it. Your generosity has helped to relieve some of the worry of being able to pay for necessary treatment. Thank you!
I am still taking donations for the Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh through the month of August. This center was such a blessing to Aaron and me as we journeyed through life with cancer. It has continued to be a blessing to me as I journey through life as a widowed single mother. Hillman continues to be a blessing to those who walk through their doors as the staff, nurses, oncologists, surgeons, and researchers have one goal - to give their patients the best care and quality of life possible until a cure is found. Please consider how you can help support this place of care and compassion through a donation, prayer, and passing along this post.



















No comments:
Post a Comment