Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hello, 30!!!


Wow! 4 weeks ago I turned 30! Most people have an aversion to this milestone birthday. As late 20-somethings, we are told that our body begins to break down, we can't eat whatever we want anymore, and we are "so old" once the clock strikes "Happy 30th birthday."
Birthdays are a joy!
Sure, this might all be true. However, let's have a grateful look at this monumental date, and all birthdays actually. My body may begin to break down but it is still functional. I may not be able to eat whatever I want but I'm still alive to enjoy the food God has given. I may be "getting old" but this is a great blessing that many do not have the privilege to experience.

I am so excited about this birthday! I'm usually excited about my birthday, however this one take the cake (haha! see what I did there?)! My grandma turned 70 and my sweet niece turned 2. What better gift than the gift of family!?
Grandma and her 40th birthday gift making apple kuchen
Second annual birthday girl picture
Being in my 30th more closely represents my life experiences. My twenties hold some of my most difficult and painful life experiences. Based on that, I'm ready to move into a new decade. Yet, my twenties have held some of my most joyful and amazing moments, like meeting, marrying, and knowing my husband and the birth of my Ben. I am so excited to see what this next decade holds!
My "little" brother celebrating with me

No comments:

Post a Comment