Thursday, March 14, 2013

Where to send donations

Tomorrow, Benjamin and I take off for Mississippi to spend 5 days with Aaron's sister, Christina, her husband, Beau, and their daughter, Kaylee, who was just born on February 26! It will be a big day for us. We will be flying...just the two of us...for the first time! The last time we flew was June 2011 to go to Wisconsin for two of my cousins' graduations and Ben slept the entire way both ways! Something tells me that won't be happening, but one can hope, right!?
Look how good you had it, Mamma!

So, in light of that, this will be a short post but I wanted to clarify some potential misunderstanding regarding my 13 in 2013:

1. A memorial fund has been set up in Aaron's memory and provides a means for donations to be eligible for tax deductions! When making your donations, please make the check payable to Aaron R. Moeller Memorial Fund and indicate in the notes section where you would like your donation directed (i.e. Passion for Life, Cooper Family, Sarcoma Foundation).

2. Donations can be sent to my home address (please e-mail me at Jennifer.R.Moeller@gmail.com or leave a comment on any race post for my address) or made directly to the organization if available (if you go this route, please let me know so I can keep track of how much has been generously donated!).

3. The purpose in my running these races is to encourage and help these families in some tangible way. Here is how I imagine this process:

a. A family's story or information about an organization will be featured here on the blog (just like Jacob Pesta and the Passion for Life race) for the month in which their race will occur. Some months, there will be more than one family or organization since I'll be running multiple races that month.

b. Friends, family, and anyone else desiring to help may send a check to my address written to the Aaron R. Moeller Memorial Fund and indicate in the note section of the check whom they wish the money to benefit. By writing the check to this fund, the donations are tax deductible! Hooray! I will indicate if there is online donations available for each race. Of course, there are many other ways to get involved other than a financial donation!

c At the end of the month, I will write a check from the Aaron R. Moeller Memorial Fund and send it to the family!

Thank you so much for the support and encouragement you have given already through your text messages, e-mails, blog comments! $45 have already been raised for the Passion for Life!

P.S. And yes, I can count and I know that there are actually 14 events listed on the race schedule but one of them is a walk, technically not a race, but this family is so sweet and I will be fundraising in their honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment