The Passion for Life run was on Saturday. It was a great run! My brother took on the 5 mile run around Walled Lake (the actual lake) while I chose to play it safe with the 5K for my first race of the season.
 |
| Sister and brother - trying to not think about how cold we are |
 |
| Let's do this! |
The race had a great turn out! There were at least 1,000 participants!
 |
| You can see my bright pink bow way in the back. Erich was up by the green near the people who paid attention to the race starting! |
I ran my personal best time...ever! 26 minutes, 27 seconds (8:32 per mile)! I also finished second in my age group (first time ever!) and 78th out of all the 5K runners! For this reason, there are no pictures of me running...it's just not pretty.
 |
| One very happy lady! |
Erich smashed his time goal as well!
 |
| He makes it look so easy. |
Racing in your hometown area is super fun when you have been gone for 5 1/2 years. Saw a few friends from middle and high school.
Not only was there a great turn out and I ran a super time, but
$195 was donated for Jacob and the Children's Hospital just from you! What a joy it was to run in honor of Jacob and the U of M Children's
Hospital. When I would start to mentally weaken in my race, I would just
think about Jacob. Running is easy compared to what he and his family
has had to endure. Thank you for your support and generosity.
 |
| I think the cold was starting to get to us... |
I wanted to share with Aaron that we had far surpassed my fundraising goal of $20 and that I had run my best time. His eyes would have widened as he told me I was one of
those crazy runners now. This comment would have immediately been followed by a proud smile (complete with dimple) as he would have pulled me in for a hug, told me he was proud of me for running and caring about this family, and that I needed a shower.
Coming up:
Run with the Cops, not from Them (5K) in Detroit, MI benefiting
The For a Day Foundation.
No comments:
Post a Comment