We finally made it! After years of wanting to join in this walk and schedule always prohibiting it, we finally joined the Helmus family and friends for the
Step UP for Down Syndrome walk. It was quite a change of pace compared to my typical race morning. Ben and I joined Aaron's parents for breakfast before the walk, I wore jeans, and there were no pre-race jitters. It was a little weird!
Once we got the the park for the walk, it was all I could do to keep Ben off the playground! Who could resist swings and slides on a sunny fall day? Definitely not this toddler! Fortunately, Grammy and Bobba were more than willing to get some playtime in with Ben.
 |
| Ready to fly! |
 |
| Yeah, I know I'm cute! |
Ben was not excited about being peeled away from playing to walk with Mamma. However, he did a great job and even walked some of the 1K walk around the park. It was so nice for me to be able to catch up with some friends, especially Ellie's mom Lacey!
 |
| Why must you torment me with this walking business? |
 |
| Ellie's Entourage! |
As soon as the walk was over, Ben bolted for the playground!
.JPG) |
| That's better! |
Coming up:
November 2:
The Gingerbread Run (5K) in Kissimmee, FL benefiting
Give Kids the World.
No comments:
Post a Comment