![]() |
| The shirt is ready to go! |
As I packed and prepared myself for this trip, I was able to reflect. Reflect on the fact that this is a huge accomplishment. 13 races in 6 months raising over $11,000 for families and organizations. Reflect on the incredible support and encouragement I have received from my family and friends, and even strangers! My mom and step-dad have been so amazing through this journey. They have endured freezing cold winds on Belle Isle to early morning jitters on race days. They have ridden the waves of emotions as races come and go, some hitting tender nerves stronger than others. They have constantly made ways for me to train and run these races, supporting me through the giving of their time, prayers, and love. Thank you!
I have also reflected on Aaron's life. His first cancer diagnosis was, medically, supposed to take his life as he was given only a 5% chance of survival. God had other plans for him. Aaron had 22 more years of life! That's double-digit birthdays, numerous fish caught with his dad, lunches home from college with his mom. He got his driver's license, graduated from high school, college, and graduate school. He was given the privilege to encourage his sister to give that southern guy a chance (that southern guy is now her husband of 6 years!). He got to delight in an indecent amount of Coke and brats over college football Saturdays with his best friend. I had the greatest blessing of being his wife and mother of his child. Think of that! 22 years. What a gift! How many people he was able to touch, share Christ with, and befriend. How many cherished memories have been made in those unexpected 22 years. Thank you, Lord.
You can read about Aaron's GKTW story and my GKTW story by following those links.
Thank you for your amazing support and encouragement!

No comments:
Post a Comment