Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Christmas!

It is still single digit temperatures and snowing. Therefore it is absolutely legitimate to post about Christmas and not feel bad...right? Well, these pictures are SO adorable that you'll be glad I'm posting them!
Mommy's baker

Our Christmas was strange without Aaron. However, the week leading up to it was far more difficult than the day itself. My grief has typically been that way. The anticipation of the "big day" is usually worse than the actual day because by the time it gets here, I've done the emotional work necessary. Also, who can resist smiling while watching a three year old finally understand that there are fun things under that colorful paper!?
Must. Remove. Paper. Now.

We were so excited to have Great-Grandpa Bob and Great-Grandma Judy up to visit from San Antonio, Texas! We had a cookie decorating contest, played games, and ate great food. 
I made sure to introduce Grandpa Bob to Curious George
It is only natural to wear bows on your head at every moment possible.
The focus of an artist. This was the cookie that took first place.

We began our week of Christmas at home with Buppa, Nana, Great-Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle Erich, Aunt Shelle, and the star of Ben's life, Grace.
"Ben, do you know what tomorrow is!? Yes, those are Christmas bunny ears."
Mommies impersonating their children
"They are so weird." "Grace, we need to stay focused on the task at hand. They are just trying to distract us."
Check out my new guitar! Now we can jam!
But I am le tired
Happy birthday, Jesus!

Next stop was Traverse City, MI with Grandpa Jim, Gramzy Jen, Aunt Cece, Uncle Cal, Great-Grandma Linda, and Great-Grandpa Tom.
Grandpa, I think I should thoroughly inspect that for you.
Some of the ladies and Ben
Great-Grandma Linda gave Ben some "dessert wine" (aka. cherry syrup)
I think it went to his head...

We ended our marathon Christmas in Grand Rapids, MI with Grammy and Bobba.
Merry Christmas!
Ben got his first board game: Candy Land
Helicopter-launching Bat Mobile! Perfect!

Whew! That's a lot of traveling! That's a lot of family! That's a whole lot of love! We are so blessed! We hope you all had a merry Christmas, too!

1 comment: