Tuesday, August 26, 2014

An interview with Ben

Cool guy!

Benjamin and I were playing a little game of "What is your favorite...?" to end nap time the other day. It is so fun to hear his responses instead of assuming I know the answer. I knew the answer to 99.9% of these, which makes me feel good about my mom-detective skills, but it has been amazing to watch him develop his personality and preferences.

So, meet 3 1/2 year old Ben:
Beginning to experiment with bow ties

What is your favorite...

City? Traverse City
He loves the beach!
Color? Blue!
He was Fireman Ben in blue
Number? 5 & 8 - he wants to hurry through 4 so he can be 5
Letter? B - anyone surprised at this?
Task/Chore? brushing teeth and baking cookies with Mommy (ironic pairing)
He was so excited when we found an apron that actually fit him!
Animal? the animals on the carousel at the zoo, especially the peacock - I tried to get him to give me an answer of a living, breathing animal but he just kept repeating his answer slightly annoyed that I didn't seem to be listening. His annoyed face is identical to Aaron's.
Story? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Character? Curious George - "Favorite" is not a strong enough word to describe his love and obsession with the "good but curious" monkey.
Food? Spaghetti
Drink? Milk
Snack? Colored goldfish
Dessert? Candy
I sure have a lot of pictures of him enjoying ice cream for his favorite dessert to be candy!
Fruit? Watermelon
Vegetable? Tomatoes
Movie? Spring Curious George and Christmas Curious George - He couldn't choose
Sport? Soccer, baseball, football, golf, tennis, basketball
Ben's first Tigers home game and they beat the Pittsburgh Pirates!
Even dressed in golf shorts!
Song? The ABCs - I'm pretty sure his favorite song is actually Jacob's Ladder but Grace announced the ABCs as her favorite song this afternoon.
Day? Sunday - God + fruit snacks + The Tie = Best Day of the Week!
Ben looks like Daddy in this picture
Who is your favorite person? Gracie - I am not surprised by his answer but he could have scored major points by naming the writer of this blog as his favorite.
Cousins and best friends

No comments:

Post a Comment