I am really excited to announce my goal for 2013!
 |
| I can hardly wait! |
13 races in 2013 fundraising for 13 causes.
 |
| Say what!? |
The generosity and support our family received through our journey with pain and cancer over the past nearly 3 years has been overwhelming. We thanked God so many times for our health insurance, financial gifts from family and friends, friends relieving the pressures of finding child care, prayers, meals...the list goes on and on!
 |
| Thank you! |
In gratefulness for the help we have received and in memory of Aaron, my goal is to run 13 races in the year 2013. I don't want to run just for myself but to raise money for others who find themselves walking the frightening walk with cancer as well as organizations that Aaron and I had a heart to support. The causes will range from organization such as the
Sarcoma Foundation of America (July) and
Give Kids the World to families in need of financial assistance.
 |
| Sharing snacks with Daddy was the best. Powdered donuts at a half-marathon race seems a bit ironic! |
Since November, I have become aware of two young families in Michigan who are in a similar situation as ours where the husband/father has been diagnosed with cancer with small children at home. Another family that has touched my heart is that of a 3 year old boy who has also been diagnosed with cancer in Texas and just completed his third round of chemotherapy not to mention multiple surgeries.
 |
| Will you consider helping? |
Please stay tuned for more information on what races I will be running, causes that will be included, and how you can get involved!
Your on-going courage and optimism are a bright light in the world, Jenny! You go, girl!!!
ReplyDeleteAunt Carrie