Seriously, how could I not run a race with that kind of a name!? Once I found out the cause it is benefiting, I was sold.
The 4th annual Run with the Cops, not from Them race starts at 10:00 am on Saturday, April 20th on Belle Isle, MI. This race is going to be amazing for a few of reasons. 1. I have never been to Belle Isle and can enjoy checking it out. 2. It is April rather than March, so I am hoping that means slightly warmer temperatures. 3. The foundation they are supporting is fabulous!!
The funds raised from the race itself as well as any donations made to my 13 in 2013 race series will go to benefit the For a Day Foundation. Below you will find information on the organization from their website. They are doing some really heartwarming and uplifting work for kids with cancer.
The For a Day Foundation is committed to creating emotionally therapeutic experiences for seriously ill children—and providing them and their families with a joyful and much needed diversion from the strain of chronic treatment.
We use role models, make believe, and play therapy to give each child the opportunity to imagine and live out a fantasy while experiencing a moment of the childhood they all deserve.
We believe that by engaging and supporting these children with our programs, we not only offer them a brief respite from the realities of their illness and everyday hospital routine, but also a lasting and cherished memory to make any day a little brighter.
| Aaron "horsing around" in July, 2012 |
1. Donate: There are 2 different ways to donate to this race. 1. Online - Go online to their website. When you scroll down, you will see a place to register for the race. Select "Donate another amount." On the next page it will ask you for your information and as you scroll down a little, you will see an option that says "I just want to donate!" Enter your amount and you're almost done. The last thing you need to do is e-mail (Jennifer.R.Moeller@gmail.com) me to let me know you donated so I can keep track of how much has been raised through this effort. 2. By Check - You may also send a check made to the "Aaron R. Moeller Memorial Fund" and indicate this race in the notes section.
2. Run: Come check out Belle Isle with me! You can register online. Be sure to let me know so I can look for you!
3. Spread the word: Tell your friends and family, share the link to this post on your Facebook, invite others to check out Belle Isle.
4. Pray:
*Pray for the children who have the heartbreaking joy to receive a day of fun from For a Day
*Praise for the For a Day Foundation, and others like it, which continue to serve these sweet children
*Pray for the volunteers and staff who are involved with this foundation
*Pray for the 1/300 boys and 1/333 girls who will develop cancer by the time they are 20 years old
*Pray for the families and friends of these children with cancer
*Prayer for the runners - fundraising efforts, protection from injury
![]() |
| Mamma said a heart-attitude of "Eat My Dust" is not appropriate for a charity race so I've decided to spread the word instead. |
Upcoming Races
May 5: Mom 5K Run/Walk for Mental Health Awareness & Suicide Prevention (5K) in Royal Oak, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Mark Howell (diagnosed with a rare pancreatic tumor) and his young family
May 11: Fifth Third River Bank Run (10K) in Grand Rapids, MI. I will be running in support of Bethany Christian Services
June 8: Kona Run (10K) in Northville, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of "Super Sam" Cooper (3 yo diagnosed with a brain tumor) and his family
June 15: Detroit Rhythm Run (5K) in Detroit, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Chad Rutherford (diagnosed with colon cancer) and his young, growing family
June 29: Caledonia Kilt Klassic (5K) in Caledonia, MI. I will be running in support of Helen DeVos Children's Hospital
July 4: Volkslaufe (10K) in Frankenmuth, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Amy Sain (diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma in her brain) and the Sarcoma Foundation of America
July 13: 3rd Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Walk/Run (5K) in Pittsburgh, PA (North Park). I, along with the other members of The Great Lakers team, will be running in memory of Aaron Moeller (nerve sheath sarcoma) and Laura Fellows Campbell (liposarcoma) to raise funds for the Sarcoma Foundation of America
July 20: Gopher the Gold (5K) in Shelby Township, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Alyssa Wright (diagnosed with cervical cancer) and her young family
August 7: Red Carpet Run (5K) in West Bloomfield, MI. I will be running in support of the Hillman Cancer Center
September 8: Montour Trail half-marathon (13.1 mi) in Pittsburgh, PA (Montour Trail). I will be running in support of The Gideons International
October 13: Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk in Grand Rapids, MI. I will be walking in honor of Ellie Helmus and the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan
November 2: Give Kids the World 5K Gingerbread Run (5K) in Kissimmee, FL. I will be running in support of Give Kids the World
Completed Races
Passion for Life - 26:27 Donation total - $195

No comments:
Post a Comment