Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"All lined up"

This is a phrase I hear often - during dinner as we are seated around the table, a picture of Aaron, Benjamin, and me taken in October hanging on his wall, or cars as we pass a parking lot. Each time, Ben's eyes widen, a huge smile spreads across his face, and his finger points in the direction of order as he exclaims, "All lined up!!!!"
I can hardly contain my excitement at the perfect line these vehicles have created!

I have had the pleasure of capturing his organizational skills in preparation of the teenage years when most become convinced they are not capable of such accomplishments. That's right, Ben, Mamma is always thinking. One of the most logical items that is lined up are his vehicles from trains to cars to helicopters. 
"Trains all lined up!" Mamma was so happy when I learned how to connect them by myself.
I opened my new cars during our Christmas and immediately checked out their "line up" ability
It was a special treat to get cars all lined up while snuggling with Mamma
I can find things to line up even in Mississippi!

Ben's enjoyment of lining things up is not limited to just things that go but things that stick - foam letters that stick to the tub wall. Believe it or not, this has been the best way to teach Ben his letters and introduce him to making words.
Special bonus! Letters and Shampoos all lined up!
I love bath time!

Ben went through a short stint of lining up balls and requesting his picture be taken while posing next to his set up. He also loved playing with the dry tall grass as you can see.
Mamma, I am ready for my close up

Everywhere I look, I now see things "all lined up" thanks to my sweet boy. Out of all the things he lines up, his "friends" are his favorite!
I was supposed to be napping but I decided to do something more fun!
"Guys all lined up" during nap time...I am noticing a trend
I only need one other friend to get all lined up
I not only enjoy lining them up, but getting in line with them.
"All lined up" is not limited to a straight line
All lined up singing out of the hymnal
Yup, you guessed it - all lined up
Peek-A-Boo!
Check me out and my organizational skills

So, before you think my son is OCD I present to you his absolute favorite thing to do with his blocks -
Wait, do you mean to tell me you do more with these than dump them all over the floor as an obstacle course for Mamma!? Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I had so much fun looking at these pictures of Benjamin!! What a cutie-pie! Being an organized person myself, I got a huge kick out of seeing his stuff "all lined up". You are dear to our hearts, even at a distance.
    Much love in Christ,
    Connie Van Til

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie! He is so funny and has brought such joy to my heart.

      Delete