| Coach Ben has been training |
These amazing men and women and foundations that will be honored and remembered will share their stories here during the month of their race. Please feel free to leave comments of encouragement and support that will be passed on to them. Your prayers and support mean so much to all of us.
If you feel lead to make financial donations, there will be information included during the month of that race. The entire month will focus on that family/organization. And here is the change! Rather than making your donation to the families through me, I'll be asking you to make your donations to the organization's page or the family's donation page.
Now, without further ado, I bring you the 2015 race schedule!!!!
April 25th: Run With The Cops, Not From Them (5K) in Detroit, MI. I will be running to benefit the race's fundraising efforts in supports of The For a Day Foundation
May 2nd: Breakthrough for Brain Tumors (5K) in Milford, MI. I will be running in honor of Donna Oakey (suffered a brain aneurysm Jan, 2015)
June 20th: DeAndre's Cause (Glut1DS) (5K) in Farmington Hills, MI. I will be running in memory of Elliot Orr (cancer at 23 years old Jan, 2015)) and in honor of his wife, Christina.
July 11th: 5th Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Walk/Run (5K) in Pittsburgh, PA. The Great Lakers team will be running in memory of Aaron Moeller (nerve sheath sarcoma at 30 years old Jan, 2013) and Laura Fellows Campbell (liposarcoma at 49 years old July, 2011) to raise money for the Sarcoma Foundation of America
August (date to be announced): *Race and location to be announced*. I will be running in memory of Matt Kohmescher (melanoma at 30 years old Jan, 2015) and in honor of his wife, Lauren.
September 12th: Montour Trail half-marathon (13.1 miles) in Pittsburgh, PA. I will be running in honor of Diane Deffenbaugh (diagnosed with pancreatic cancer)
November 7th: Outrun Hunger (5K) in Commerce Township, MI. I will be running in honor of Mark Howell (diagnosed with stage IV melanoma in October, 2012) and his young family
So, now you know who I am running and praying for, but how can you personally get involved?
1. Run/walk/cheer - Even if you are not a runner, most of these races are a walk/run so walkers are welcome! If you would prefer to stand with your coffee and watch a bunch of crazy people run then come on out to cheer! You can check the registration links provided for each race for the time and locations!
2. Donate - If you feel lead to provide financial donations you will find a link at the end of each story what will lead to the place where you can donate. Please keep in mind that though these pictures all show smiles, there is a great deal of financial stress that comes along with tragedy.
3. Spread the word - The more people who know, the more who can get involved! Please feel free to forward the link or share it on your social media accounts. You never know who needs the encouragement these families provide or may feel moved to help.
4. Pray - This is the foundation of this race series. Pray for the families, those running/walking/cheering, praise for those who donate, pray for the people who will read their stories. Praise God that He allows us to comfort others and use our abilities and gifts to minister and encourage others. Pray for peace, comfort, and healing for each person involved in this race series.
Thank you so much for your support as I run again this year. Thank you for your outpouring of love to these families. Thank you for getting involved.







No comments:
Post a Comment