| Donations will go to benefit the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in memory of Aaron |
1. Donate: 1. Online - You can donate here. Please let me know if you donate online so I may keep track of the race series donation total. 2. By Check - Please send a check made to the "Aaron R. Moeller Memorial Fund" and indicate the "Helen DeVos Children's Hospital" in the notes section. If you need my mailing address, please send me an e-mail or leave a comment with your e-mail address so I may reply privately.
2. Run: Come check out Caledonia with me! You can register online. Be sure to let me know so I can look for you! Many of his family members will be at the race as well as some sweet friends from his church in Traverse City, MI!
3. Spread the word: Please tell your friends and family by sharing the link to this post on your Facebook or in an e-mail...
4. Pray:
* Pray for the children who, like Aaron, must set childhood aside, trading basketballs and running for surgery and treatments
* Praise that there are hospital specializing in the needs of children
* Pray for wisdom for pediatric doctors, that they would know when a child is in need of additional screening and testing
* Praise for the medical era in which we live, that there is hope for children with childhood cancers
* Pray for the parents of children with cancer. I cannot imagine the agony of the feeling that you are unable to protect your child
* Pray for the siblings of children with cancer, knowing that it shapes them as well
* Pray for the family members and friends of children with cancer as they search for ways to help and how to continue in their relationship with the child
* Please also pray for the runners and the fundraising of the race and this race series
Upcoming Races
July 4: Volkslaufe (10K) in Frankenmuth, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Amy Sain (diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma in her brain) and the Remi Savioz Glut1 Foundation ("RSG1")
July 13: 3rd Annual Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma 5K Walk/Run (5K) in Pittsburgh, PA (North Park). I, along with the other members of The Great Lakers team, will be running in memory of Aaron Moeller (nerve sheath sarcoma) and Laura Fellows Campbell (liposarcoma) to raise funds for the Sarcoma Foundation of America
July 20: Gopher the Gold (5K) in Shelby Township, MI. I am honored to run on behalf of Alyssa Wright (diagnosed with cervical cancer) and her young family
August 7: Red Carpet Run (5K) in West Bloomfield, MI. I will be running in support of the Hillman Cancer Center
September 8: Montour Trail half-marathon (13.1 mi) in Pittsburgh, PA (Montour Trail). I will be running in support of The Gideons International
October 13: Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk in Grand Rapids, MI. I will be walking in honor of Ellie Helmus and the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan
November 2: Give Kids the World 5K Gingerbread Run (5K) in Kissimmee, FL. I will be running in support of Give Kids the World
Completed Races
RHGYC Charity Run/Walk (5K) - 24:28 Donation Total on 6/8/13 - $1,755
Kona Run (10K) - 51:22
Fifth Third River Bank Run (10K) - 51:37
MOM 5K walk/run (5K) - 24:14
Run with the Cops, not from Them (5K) - 24:32
Passion for Life (5K) - 26:27
No comments:
Post a Comment